Friday, June 30, 2017

Five for Friday

Hi there!

It's been a while since I shared a Five for Friday!
Lots has been going on...

1. First of all, Austin graduated from high school on Wednesday!
I swear it seems like yesterday that he was starting kindergarten....
these years have totally flown by, but I'm very proud of the young man he's becoming.

We took some family photos at home...



And then met up with the grads for more photos at the Research Station.


This is a group of grads who attend our church.

Then, after the grads met at the school for a photo of their graduating class,
it was time for the ceremony.


We were pleasantly surprised to see that Austin made the honour roll!


One of my best friends, Tania, is the vice-principal and she handed
Austin his diploma.
I love this photo of the two of them!


Then, Mrs. Fenn, his principal switched over his tassel.

After the ceremony, we attended the banquet.
And after that, we had safe grad, where I got to deal for poker for two hours.
A very long day -- but a great way to celebrate our graduate!

2. His plans for fall include attending Steinbach Bible College,
as he is enrolled in their worship program.
I love that he is using his musical skills and pursuing a career where he can sing!

3. I apologize if my blog hasn't been as active as it once was.
I love my new job, but working full time definitely cuts into my crafting time.
As a result, I will not be renewing my contract to design for Reverse Confetti
for the next term.
I have really enjoyed designing for RC for the past 3.5 years
and the friends that I have made on the team!

4. And speaking of work, I'm off to Crystal City and Killarney, Manitoba today
to photograph two kitchens that I designed.
The one in Crystal City is my first solo project and it turned out so cool.
And the one in Killarney is a kitchen that I designed to make it work using a display we
had in the front of our showroom.
I'm looking forward to sharing them on my Houzz page.

Here are a few photos of a kitchen that I designed as part of a fundraising project
for Children's Camp International:




You can see more photos of this project here.
And click here to see photos of the front display I designed to replace the one
I sold to the couple that lives in Killarney.

 5. I have a card to share for this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge:


One of my co-workers resigned after eighteen years yesterday.
He was my team leader and will be missed -- he had so much knowledge
and was a fabulous designer!
We took him out for lunch yesterday and I made this card for my co-workers to give him.
Ryan loves to garden, so I used my new Altenew Grow Garden set.


With a little masking, I stamped my images and heat embossed them in clear.
I coloured them in with Altenew inks pressed onto my acrylic block, mixed with water
and a paintbrush.
I used Altenew Velvet, which turned a little more red that I was expecting when I mixed
it with water, but I think the end results are fine.
For the lighter shades, I just added more water to my colour mix.
I also used Altenew Evergreen and Forest Glades.


I stamped my sentiments using Simon Says Stamp's Wishing stamp set.

Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

!neke said...

Congrats with the beautiful son !
You are a busy woman !!!!!
Great designs !!!!!

Ineke X

Kris said...

Great card for your co-worker, Leigh! And, thanks for your update. You'll be missed over at Reverse Confetti. I wish you could design my kitchen; also wish I had room for an island :) Nice, nice design!

Lisa Elton said...

Wishing Austin all the best as he prepares to start a new chapter in his life! Congrats to you on the work you've done through your job. Your kitchen looks terrific! This looks like the perfect happy card to send off your garden loving co-worker!

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card and I absolutely adore that beautiful kitchen you designed? Want to come to the states and do my kitchen Leigh? LOL

Kim S said...

SO much talent in your family! Honor roll, music and worship, gorgeous kitchens (I have ZERO talent for designing and decorating), and a perfect card for your co-worker.

Marisa said...

Congrats to the grad and the parents :) Such a huge milestone. My daughter graduated last year and my son will next year. Where do the years go?? Lovely card and GREAT kitchen!!