Saturday, February 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

Next, I have a card to share for today's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

Our challenge was to use this beautiful photo as inspiration:

Feb Blog Hop Inspiration

Isn't it lovely and elegant?
I have to admit, I found this piece a little challenging.
I had one initial idea, but it didn't pan out.
I started a second card and disliked it.
Late last night, I finally came up with something with which I was pleased...
Here's my card:


I struggled with creating such a dark background, so I settled for blending
PTI Stormy Sea onto my Stamper's Select White panel
and onto a piece of patterned paper with text on it.
I stamped my Brushed Blooms stamps onto their coordinating diecut 
in the colours from the photo -- PTI Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz and Canyon Clay
and Altenew Mango Smoothie and Deep Iris.


I stamped my sentiment (from Spring Woods) in Altenew Jet Black ink.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSave

28 comments:

June K said...

Beautiful, Leigh.

Karen B. said...

Love that inked background with the bright flowers!

~amy~ said...

Leigh, this is gorgeous. The colors are perfect. Love the design of a non-traditional sympathy card.

Betty said...

so pretty - love the colors you chose

Becca Yahrling said...

This is lovely.

Joyce said...

I always love your cards using brushed blooms. Super pretty.

Skrater said...

This is a lovely card!

Nancy Penir said...

Simple and elegant! Love the script strip!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, soft and soothing but the colors bring a bit of cheer, too. PS...Now I really want that set!

Natasha said...

Absolutely beautiful! The subtle softness of the blended ink on the background looks lovely!

Betty Wright said...

Great colors! Love the background look, too! Lovely card!

Greta said...

Very pretty--love the text along the side!

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh this is so lovely! A wonderful take on the inspiration!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Leigh and I love how you did your background with just some simple blending...very striking!! :0)

Audrey Pettit said...

I really love your take on that inspiration photo! You captured the mood and feel of the colors, while still keeping the design light and airy. Your flower arrangement is stunning! <3

Michelle said...

So beautiful, Leigh! Love your take on the photo!

Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

Another stunning card, Leigh! I rather like the brighter colors for a sympathy card too.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really beautiful Leigh. Great take on the photo.

Helen F. said...

Your Sympathy card using brushed blooms is so pretty, Leigh.

Diana K said...

I love this, Leigh! I also love that not only did we use the same set for our cards, but we both made sympathy cards. :) Hugs to you!

LauraJane:) said...

Great card for such a CHALLENGing photo! 3rd time's a charm:)

Monika Reeck said...

Beautiful Idea Leigh
I love your idea with the flowers and the black shading behind flower..
Wonderful card
hugs
Monika

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, you really rock Brushed Blooms, and this beauty is no exception. Perfect sympathy card!

Kathryn A said...

Lovely, bright flower cluster! I also love the strip of text paper!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Leigh!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Leigh. The flowers are lovely in those bright colors. The soft sponging looks really nice too.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful sympathy card Leigh!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Leigh!