Monday, July 18, 2016

MFT Camp Create: Days 1, 2 & 3

I was unable to play along with MFT's Camp Create in June
because we were away on our trip to Denver,
so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I found
out that they were doing a second session this week!

So, today, I'm sharing the cards that I made for the first three days of camp.
Day 1's challenge was Fantastic Foiling.
I decided to diecut some of my Bazzill Gold Foil for the challenge.

For my card, I also used MFT's Wednesday Sketch 289:


I stamped a panel of white cardstock using my BG Etched Flower Background stamp, 
which I heat embossed in white.
Over top, I blended aqua mist and harvest gold ink
and cut it into strips before adhering it to my card.


I diecut the "absolutely" from aqua mist cardstock and blended ink
onto the bottom half of it.
I diecut the fabulous from the Bazzill gold foil.


A few clear sequins finished it off.
Sage, Jonah & I volunteered at Vacation Bible School
at our church last week and I gave this card to our Children's Ministries Director.
She organized everything and did a fantastic job!

Here's the badge I earned:
Day 2's challenge was Colouring on Kraft.
At first, I was at a loss as to how I would complete this challenge,
because I don't have any MFT outline stamps that you colour in.
But then, I remembered the MFT BG Etched Flower Background stamp
and decided to use it to make my card.


I stamped it on kraft in versamark and heat embossed it in white.
Then, I coloured it in white three Zig Markers: Pale Pink, Light Pink and Light Coral.
It was cool to see how the different colours looked on the kraft!


I diecut the "absolutely fabulous" from black cardstock, adhering
the "fabulous" over a second diecut from a coaster to add dimension.
I gave this card to my friend, Kathy, who acted with me last week
in the skits at VBS -- she's so talented and fun!

I'm also linking these cards up for Day 2 of Heat Wave,
a class I'm taking this week at Online Card Classes:


For this challenge, I earned this badge:
And lastly, Day 3's Challenge was Inlaid Made Easy.


I started by stamping the flowers from Modern Blooms and Flashy Florals on my card base.
From that, I diecut the hello die (it came in my Flashy Florals kit)
and replaced it with one diecut from coral cardstock.
I stamped the "friend" sentiment from Soda Pop.


I added a border of the same coral cardstock, which I stamped repeatedly
using the Flashy Florals leaves in ruby red.
A trio of buttons and twine finishes it off.
I gave this card to a friend who also volunteered at VBS last week --
we met for coffee the other day in the afternoon and I just
wanted to let her know how much I appreciate her.
She really loved it and asked so many questions about how I made it. :)

Here's the badge I made:
Okay, so that's it for me for today...
Stop by tomorrow to see the cards I made for the last two days of Camp Create
-- that's right, I was a successful camper & earned all of my badges!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

cm said...

Breath-taken-away at how gorgeous, creative and inspired your trio of cards are, Leigh! I'm aiming to play along too, although my collection of MFT products is extremely limited, so this adds to the challenge (which is what this sport is all about, isn't it *grin*). Your colouring on kraft makes me smile; I used my roses all over background in a similar fashion (yours is 200% prettier, though!). I can just imagine how impressed and overjoyed the recipients of your 'works of art' were...stunning gifts in every way! Looking forward to the next two...
Hugs~c

Cindy Beach said...

You've made up for your week off with these gorgeous cards! My fav is the one on kraft, those colors are absolutely stunning. Love your take on these techniques!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, amazing! You did such a great job on all three challenges! Love the ink blending and touches of gold foil, and love the coloring on kraft. That looks so seriously amazing! Beautiful job with the inlay die cutting, too. Love the colors and the trio of buttons you used. <3

Karen B. said...

My jaw has dropped. These cards are gorgeous.

*Vicki* said...

These are awesome cards and so nice to see you playing along in what I'm trying to participate in this week as well! :) You are ahead of me of course and I am doing them by the deadline! LOL!!

Your style on these looks amazing!! TFS!!

Patti said...

Wow Leigh! Absolutely Fabulous indeed!! these cards are really over the top great! Of course! you earned all your badges! You're FABULOUS! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

These cards are "absolutely fabulous" especially #1.

Diane Jaquay said...

These are ALL fabulous, Leigh, great work!!!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA Leigh, this is a trio of fabulousness!!

Bobby said...

Well I was going to say "absolutely fabulous", Leigh, but that's already been taken so I'll just say that these are so creative and beautiful. That background stand did double duty and did it well. Cutting the panel apart really adds to the design of the card. I haven't tried Zigs on kraft but I'm definitely going to now. It looks like they worked well.

Joyce said...

I love all of these, Leigh. Especially smitten with the middle one, and would love to CASE it as soon as I've a moment. I am always looking for more ways to use that awesome background stamp.