Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ink It Up with Heidi Shafer -- Wild Beauty

I'm super excited about today's post because
I've joined together with fellow stamper, Heidi Shafer of Mapleberry Musings,
with a new challenge that we came up with for each other.


We had been discussing the fact that we both seem
to have stamp sets in our collections that we haven't inked up yet,
so we thought we'd challenge each other to use these sets.
So, on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month,
we'll both be sharing cards that we've made with new sets
that we haven't used yet.

Today, I'm sharing my card that I made using my Simon Says Stamp
Wild Beauty stamp set.
Here's my card:


I originally had a completely different plan for this card.... 
but I'm very happy with how it turned out!
I started of by stamping my flowers from SSS Wild Beauty
and PTI's Sketched Florals in versamark and heat embossing them in white
on a piece of watercolour paper.
Then, I used five different shades of Zig Markers to colour over top,
using water to blend the colours together.
I was going for a messy look on my panel, but then, once I was done,
I wasn't happy with it..... so I fussy cut out my group of flowers
and adhered it to a panel of white cardstock.


I added a strip of black cardstock along the side
and stamped my sentiment (from PTI Spring Woods).
A few PTI rainstones finishes it off.

I'm also made this card for Day 2 of Heat Wave,
a class I'm taking this week at Online Card Classes:



And don't forget to hop over to Heidi's blog to see what she created.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow what a stunner! Bold and beautiful.

Annheidel said...

What gorgeous colors! Your cutout flower group really pops against the white.

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing Leigh!! I love the cut out and that you used two different company stamp sets on this. Stunning card!

cm said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend; love that vibrant combination that's wedding perfect! You and Heidi = marvelous inspiration! A+++ on your Online Class assignment *grin*
hugs~c

Aileen said...

Well for a card that wasn't quite what you wanted you ended up with a card that is just perfect. Love those colours and the design.

Virginia L. said...

Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the elegance the black border gives this Leigh, so pretty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love the tropical look with those amazing colors! Contrasts so well with the crisp black and white. Loving your new challenge idea. Looking forward to seeing what you two get up to!

Happy Dance said...

I have this set, Leigh, and never thought to use it this way! Thanks for being such an inspirational cardmaker!! Those colors all blending together are so pretty and vivid. I love the summery feel to this card. It's just delightful! Hope your summer is going well. Bev

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Leigh, I love your CAS-design of this card! Whatever the first try looked like - this one is amazing :-)
Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

Bobby said...

What a fun idea to pair up with a friend to use your NBUS products, Leigh. The color blending on your card is wonderful and I like it cut out and layered onto the card.