Friday, October 11, 2013

Getting more out of your stamps

Welcome to my Friday post, where I share a project that I've designed for 
 
Today's card was made with Everyday Expressions, in an unusual way. 
I inked up the back of several stamps in three colours to stamp my background, stamping off with each colour. Then, I went back and stamped the corresponding image overtop, stamping off again sometimes.


I trimmed my stamped panel and adhered it to my card, stitching it in place. I stamped a sentiment and then adhered a diecut frame, embossed with a woodgrain impression plate and wrapped with twine & buttons, with dimensional adhesive.

I'm linking these up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: use a rubber or clear stamp.
 
Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome idea (I do that when I make mistakes!) I absolutely love the end result!

craftmates said...

Great use of stamps! Love the fresh look of the card- Irma

Tracey McNeely said...

Your stitching is always so gorgeous, love your background. Great way to stretch your stamps and the effect is is so soft and cool!

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! What a beautiful happy card! Love it.. :)

Alanna said...

Such a pretty card and I love that technique.

Joni Andaya said...

This is Beautiful Leigh! Love all the colors!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous! Love the fresh, citrus-y colors. :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

TLady said...

FABULOUS JOB LEIGH!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the COLORS you've used!!!!!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

So fresh and pretty!! Love all the stamping!

Renee said...

Beautiful, Leigh!
Love the fresh colors!

Kelly Griglione said...

Gorgeous colors ... and you have matching buttons! Adore!

Chrissy Larson said...

Such a fun idea and it turned out great!

Wida said...

i love this. pinning :)