Monday, July 08, 2013

Create: Sketches -- Sketch #5


 I created a layout and a card using the 5th sketch in the Create:Sketches book. Here's the sketch:


For my layout, I converted the sketch to 12x12. I pulled out some polka dot Crate Paper patterned paper for the Crate Paper June Creative Weekly Challenge: Hello, Polka Dots.


I added some Crate Paper slide frames. I used the two smaller ones to frame some sentiments from PTI's Live Love Life stamp set.


My title was cut from PTI's new leaf card stock, using PTI's Wonderful Words: Hello die and Headline Alphabets dies.


And for my card, I also used some Crate Paper patterned paper, minus the polka dots.


I diecut the banner using PTI's Get a Handle on It die. The sentiments are from Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals stamp set. Some MME enamel dots finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Love all those green polka dots - very fun!

Marion said...

Love the clean lines of your card.must get me some enamel dots! With the hot weather in the UK at the moment, that water looks looks so lovely.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! Loving all the green on the layout and those frames. I need to get some of those!

craftmates said...

What a fun layout. The green polka dots match the photo perfectly. Love how you used that new PTI stamp set. I have put that on my wish list. - Irma

Elizabeth said...

Hello friend!!!

It's been ages hasn't it and things have changed SO much!! LOL. Good to see you still scrapping. I have always enjoyed your pages and cards. Super clean lines which I envy!!

Hope all is well with you and yours. I think and pray for you often!
e.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love them both!

Andrea Garland said...

Love your layout and how you used the sketch and those chipboard frames.

Joyce said...

These are both awesome. The pics of your son are especially sweet.

Greta said...

Love your work, Leigh! That card is gorgeous!

Kara said...

fabulous page!!

Cindy Lee said...

Both are just awesome! But I really really like your cards! So pretty!

Wida said...

your pages are so approachable to me. I love the SC ones too but they intimidate me! great job.

Geri said...

Love the soft prints and colors on that card! And your layout is wonderful, too...those colors look great together and I love how you've used the little frames!