Tuesday, June 25, 2013

PTI June Blog Hop


Once again, I'm participating in the monthly PTI Blog Hop. Here's this month's challenge...


I was quite excited about this challenge because I'm really liking gold lately. (When I went for a pedicure a couple of weekends ago, I asked for gold polish on my toenails. Love!)

So, I have a few projects to share and I thought I'd also share the inspiration behind each card today, too.

My first card was made using one of my very favourite sets: The Sweet Life. I was inspired to use gold on these blooms after seeing this card by Taheerah Atchia. I decided to yellow tones on my blooms and add the gold embossing powder on the third layer of the blooms. I stamped my leaves in limeade ice and new leaf and added some extra dots of gold, using some circle stamps from Rosie Posie. I used my simple stripes impression plate on the background, after stamping the dots and the sentiment (from Beautiful Butterflies) in new leaf. I mounted the whole card on some gold shimmer cardstock.


I was inspired by a piece of clothing for my next card. I was shopping with my friend for a dress for grad (her son is graduating this week) and saw a blouse that was so pretty. It was Sweet Blush in colour and covered with tiny gold polka dots. So, I decided to add some gold embossing powder to some sheer blush cardstock. I chose to use my BB:Woodgrain set for the background. I added some limitless layers: ovals diecuts (gold shimmer and stamper's select white). I stamped the sentiment from Happy Trails in sweet blush and added some buttons and twine to finish it off.


And these last two projects were both inspired by this first card by the oh, so talented Melissa Phillips. I love how she combined the white and gold embossing powders on her card.

Since I didn't have the Star Gazers set she used, I tried this technique first on my Lace Bouquet stamp set. I stamped the image in Versamark and then added some white and gold embossing powder. I added some strips of patterned paper (MME and Teresa Collins) that I diecut with my PTI Get a Handle On It die. The sentiment is from PTI's Beautiful Butterflies. I mounted it all on kraft cardstock and then added some decorative brads (MME and Teresa Collins) and stitching to finish it off.


And I decided to try this technique again, using my PTI World Map Stamp. I really like how this one turned out!

I layered the stamped embossed map over some Teresa Collins patterned paper and smokey shadow cardstock. I added another Get a Handle On It diecut banner (more Teresa Collins patterned paper), a Pink Paislee chipboard arrow and a Happy Day diecut on which I stamped a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday.


Thanks for looking!

55 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

All gorgeous gold creations Leigh! Love them all. Your first card is brilliant how you stamped the first layer in yellow then the second embossed? Just awesome.

Kara said...

Beautiful cards Leigh!! Great minds...as they say:)!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! Leigh, I was totally enjoying your first card, and then I scrolled down and found so much more loveliness! Wow! Beautiful work!

craftmates said...

Beautiful cards! I esp love the first card. Gold looks great as a floral accent. - Irma

Jennifer K said...

Goodness, they're all fabulous. The last one is my favorite - just love that world map in the two different embossing powders - it's such a fun look.

Lindsey said...

A fabulous bunch of cards! I loved reading about your inspiration for each, too.

Nina Yang said...

All gorgeous cards, Leigh! Especially loved the first one and the map one!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are gorgeous! I think my favorite is the gold on pink woodgrain, but I am totally intrigued by the mixed embossing powders! That's going on my gotta try it list!

Linda said...

Such beautiful cards, Leigh. My favorites are the first two.

Joni Andaya said...

They are wonderful Leigh :)Lovely.

Carolanne said...

All BEAUTIFUL cards! Really LOVE the map and gold wood grain. Such great ideas!

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, love them all, but big fan of the red and gold. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture of the gold toes lol! You went all out and I love each and every card! The 1st one was a fab idea!!!!

Suzanne said...

Stunning, Leigh! I love that you heat embossed these images - the map and the woodgrain are particularly beautiful in the gold, and the big floral bouquet has been on my wish list for what seems like forever! Thank you for giving me so many inspirational ideas.

Renee said...

They're all gorgeous...
but loving the embossed blooms...
and that woodgrain background! :)

Rosemary said...

Lovely set of cards!

Kathryn A said...

Love all your cards, Leigh--especially your roses!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

You've been a busy bee again! Your cards all beautiful...

victoria h said...

pretty cards Leigh - love the map with different colours embossed it's a fab idea and looks really artistic.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ohhhh so many gorgeous works of art!!! I am in LOVE with your last card, love that gold on the map!

Shay said...

Leigh, I love each and every card you made, as usual. I love that you did a mixture of embossing powders on the last two cards. Thanks for always being so classy and inspirational.

Diana K said...

Love them Leigh, especially the last one. Great use of gold.

Luanne said...

Oh wow Leigh! You've been working hard, and they are all wonderful! I especially love the roses.

Susan said...

Beautiful cards Leigh! You have been busy! My favorite is the Sweet Life one - I'm going to have to give that a try.

Unknown said...

Wow Girl you were busy!!! Your cards are stellar-I especially love the flowers:)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very nicely done Leigh!

Karen C. said...

Lots of inspiration and variety in your projects today. Love the gold embossed map. Definitely going to try that soon!!

Darnell said...

Holy Moly, Leigh! Next hop can I show three of your cards on my blog, just to balance us both out a bit? I'll give you full credit of course. It's just that I took a bit of ribbon wrapped it around the card base, slapped on a sediment and called the hop done. You? You put me to shame!! Wow! I aspire!! These are each, and every one, stunning!!

Michelle said...

These are GORGEOUS!
I adore those gold dots. I really liked hearing how that blouse inspired you. Fabulous!

Joyce said...

So many gorgeous projects. You did it again!

A Crafty Person said...

Leigh, All your gold creations are stunning!

Linda Nicholson said...

Great minds Leigh! I used gold for one of my layers on my Rosie Posie flowers! All of your projects are lovely...but those roses take my breath away! Love also the Sweet Blush with the gold...I would never have thought to pair the two but they are lovely together.

Linda

Karen (carefree creations) said...

You always amaze me with how many cards you can do! Love them all - the woodgrain one is so adorable!

Sherrie M. said...

GORGEOUS cards Leigh! LOVE the map card especially.

Betty Wright said...

WOW! A suite of gorgeous creations! Love all the touches of gold!

DF said...

These are all lovely Leigh! I like the mixing of embossing powders; I missed that. Such a neat effect, and not too overwhelming. TFS!

Laurie Unger said...

wow - you went to town on this challenge! Love them all!

Helen F. said...

You created four beautiful cards here, Leigh! Lovin' all the gold too :)

Sadie said...

These are all so beautiful!! Love the woodgrain idea. Simple elegance!!

Megan Carroll said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh!! My favorite is the last one! As always I love your narratives! Thanks for taking the time to share your stories as well as the products you use. I LOVE reading your blog!!

Wida said...

did you get a new blog header? I love the font on it. You always go all out for PTI. I sadly missed this one and I really wanted to play this time :( I have to say my favorite of the bunch is the third one, its an absolutely solid card, but #3 wins for creativity.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! AMAZING!! You have been BUSY! I love them all!! Such great designs and takes on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing these all and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

StephH said...

Oh my goodness Leigh, you have been a very busy stamper! But since you have a great mini-helper, I hope she gave you a hand with this :-) I like everything you did - from the roses thru the map - I am going back to take a look at Melissa's card and technique - don't know how I missed that one. I REALLY love your gold woodgrain on Sweet Blush - that is just stunning! As always, you remain an inspiration!

Anita Rex said...

Way o hit it out f he park with 4 cards! Love how you used good embossing so differently on each card! :)

Greta said...

Wow--so much inspiration! I never thought to use gold with my woodgrain stamp, so thanks for the idea. I had thought about using Sweet Life, so now I'll have to play with that, too.

Sonia said...

Gorgeous! Especially love the last one....

danielle said...

Lovely cards, Leigh, I really love the lace bouquet and world map cards...so stunning with the two tone embossing. Your finishing touches are perfect!

Kristii said...

I love each and every one of your creations Leigh!! You totally rocked the challenge!!

Andrea Garland said...

Love all the cards with those golden accents, recently I bought a glitter golden embossing powder and I can't wait to use it.

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely cards Leigh - my favorite is the gold wood embossed on blush - just love the colors together!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Leigh. I especially love the roses and the ones with the white and gold embossing. Such a neat idea using 2 colors on the images. :)

Heather P. said...

Such a fun collection! :)

Lee said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh. My favourite is definitely the roses...so pretty.

Helen F. said...

Hi Leigh, just wanted to stop by and leave a note for you to visit my Blog when you get a minute...left you some luv there :)

http://handmadecardsbyhelen.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! Awesome cards. Love them all. The roses came out gorgeous with the embossed gold. Love those gold dots too! the woodgrain is beautiful too.