Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday


It's been a while since I did a "Five for Friday post"...

1. As per our tradition, we made some butter crunch to give to the teachers at the end of the school year. Here are the tags that I made for Austin's & Jonah's teachers, using my Tag Sale #5 die and my new Live Love Life set from Papertrey Ink. These were so quick and easy!
 




2. Sage wanted to make her own tags for her teachers. She used stamps from PTI's Happy Trails. These first two are for her female teachers. The one on the left is for her music teacher and the one on the right is for her English, Science & Social Studies teacher, which she stamped with WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals.



These next two are for her male teachers (one teaches her French & Math and the other is her Phys. Ed. teacher.)



3. We were actually on the ball enough to get all of these ready to give to their teacher's yesterday, so today would be as stress-free as possible, because today is...........our last day of school! Woohoo! My last day of work was yesterday, but the kids have to go for an hour this morning to pick up report cards and attend an assembly. They're having a farewell for the grade 8s, so I'll go to watch that for Austin (I cannot believe he will be starting high school next fall!) After that, we're heading into the city to take my mom out for lunch for her birthday.

4. After lunch, we'll do some shopping, which will include a trip to IKEA, where I'm going to pick up this and this for my craft room. :) I've taken down the one wall shelf I had and painted two of the walls this colour-- it's fabulous-- it's just like PTI's Aqua Mist (thanks again, Susan!) I did the first coat on Wednesday evening and was going to do a second coat before bed, but it was still a little tacky. So, I decided to get up early yesterday to do the second coat before work. As I was going down the hall, my husband came up the stairs with my paint tray. I asked him what he was doing and he said: "It's done." He'd painted the second coat for me! :)

I promise I will post some pictures as soon as my shelves are assembled and everything is in order. :)


5. And as a bit of a teaser, I have some exciting news coming up..... you'll have to come back and check my blog the first few days next week..... :)

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Betty said...

lucky teachers - the tags are so cute and the butter crunch looks yummy - do you share recipes - would love to have it.

Linda Nicholson said...

Wonderful treat tags Leigh! One of these days, I'm going to make your butter crunch recipe!

I can't wait to see pictures of your craft room and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for your surprise!

Linda

Heather DG said...

Great tags - way to be on the ball and Sage's are so pretty to! So fun to have an in home crafting buddy. Very exciting to update your craft room...look forward to seeing the updates! Leigh I have been checking your blog every day since your little teaser on your LO...cannot wait to hear what the news is!!!!

Kara said...

Happy Summer Break! Have fun at Ikea. I look forward to photos of your craft space. That color is almost the same color as my craft room:)!

Miriam Prantner said...

That butter crunch looks delicious and I love the tags you created! So curious about your big news!

Alanna said...

Your tags all look fAbulous. I hope you and your family enjoy the start of your summer break.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic teacher treats Leigh! Congrats to being finished for the summer, I remember that feeling of the last day! Have fun at IKEA, Ii as there yesterday.

Tara Elias said...

Yay for craft room updates! Love the new wall color. Can't wait to hear your exciting news! Have a great long weekend and hope to see you this summer!

Anita Rex said...

I wish I knew you were going to Ikea I love 5 min from there I would have met you for coffee or something! :). Love the tags and that crunch is so good, yay you got it done fast! And that's sweet that your hubby painted for you! Can't wait to see your room all done!

Megan Carroll said...

Great post Leigh! Love the cute gifts. Looking forward to seeing your new caft space and hearing your news! Enjoy the long weekend!

craftmates said...

Beautiful tags! I'm putting that set fr Maile on my wishlist. Looking forward to seeing your craftroom. -Irma

Joyce said...

Your tags are perfect, and I just know that your end of term teacher gifts will be well loved! And, I can't wait to see pictures of your craft room and hear your exciting news.

Jen said...

oh my!! i've been so crazy it's been too long since i've been visiting all my favorite blogs!!! oh my--i LOVE the tags! So perfect! I hope you are doing well...looks like you've been up to fun things! And I can't wait to see your newly painted room...delightful!! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Love your tags. Very colorful. Sage did a great job with hers. Love the items you are picking up. Great wall color too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - came from ###